In the afternoon we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Chyu's and after playing soccer in the basement, stuffed our faces with some great food. Then food coma. And then we stole away with bags of leftovers. And now with the kids in bed it's time for sliced turkey on toasted whole wheat bread with stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce, all to be eaten while watching tv and searching for Black Friday deals. Yippee-yay!
And in the spirit of the holiday, a list of everything I am truly thankful for:
--A faithful husband who always stands by me and makes me laugh. Yes, I will be flinging the next dirty sock on the bedroom floor outside of our side window until they rot in the mulch, and yes, he tends to mumble, and this can be exasperating to someone like me who prizes enunciation, but generally he's as reliable as they come. And he watches my trash reality tv shows with me and only rolls his eyes once in a while and not all the way through.
--Two kids who are truly really very neat and cool people, and loads of fun to hang out with. Can't live without em. They say "I love you Mama" all the time. And they actually help me sort laundry now. Now that's a double-whammy.
--Generally great health.
--Extended family.
--Great friends.
--A fridge that is always busting full, and if it's not, it's because I was too lazy to go to the store or two certain people in my life were not in good moods.
--A house that I like (except for the bathroom with turquoise cracked tile and old plumbing.)
--My daily schedule that has become very manageable and keeps my life on track.
--The time I get with a sitter every week to catch my breath, catch up on stuff and just do nothing much of anything.
--The fact that I get to visit my sister's family for Christmas.
--My recent straight perm that allows me to not have to do anything with my hair except wash it.
--My ability to finish a 5K. Yes, many senior citizens and a smallish child or two just a bit older than Mason whizzed past me. Nevertheless.
--A possible night or two away soon.
--The fact that I kept up my bar membership and didn't have to re-pass this year.
--Two new pairs of Lucky jeans that fit very nicely.
Whew...that's alot!
And in the spirit of the holiday, a list of everything I am truly thankful for:
--A faithful husband who always stands by me and makes me laugh. Yes, I will be flinging the next dirty sock on the bedroom floor outside of our side window until they rot in the mulch, and yes, he tends to mumble, and this can be exasperating to someone like me who prizes enunciation, but generally he's as reliable as they come. And he watches my trash reality tv shows with me and only rolls his eyes once in a while and not all the way through.
--Two kids who are truly really very neat and cool people, and loads of fun to hang out with. Can't live without em. They say "I love you Mama" all the time. And they actually help me sort laundry now. Now that's a double-whammy.
--Generally great health.
--Extended family.
--Great friends.
--A fridge that is always busting full, and if it's not, it's because I was too lazy to go to the store or two certain people in my life were not in good moods.
--A house that I like (except for the bathroom with turquoise cracked tile and old plumbing.)
--My daily schedule that has become very manageable and keeps my life on track.
--The time I get with a sitter every week to catch my breath, catch up on stuff and just do nothing much of anything.
--The fact that I get to visit my sister's family for Christmas.
--My recent straight perm that allows me to not have to do anything with my hair except wash it.
--My ability to finish a 5K. Yes, many senior citizens and a smallish child or two just a bit older than Mason whizzed past me. Nevertheless.
--A possible night or two away soon.
--The fact that I kept up my bar membership and didn't have to re-pass this year.
--Two new pairs of Lucky jeans that fit very nicely.
Whew...that's alot!
1 comment:
haha micky looks cranky in the 5k
Post a Comment